Monday 9 January 2012

Janathon day 9: It’s not always fun

I had plans after work tonight so the only way I was going to fit my run in was by going before work. When I woke up, running was the last thing I wanted to do. My running kit was all over the place and I felt terrible but I wasn’t prepared to let Janathon beat me on day 9.
Trainers on, I headed out the door with the aim of doing my 3.5k route. It was hard and I just wanted to get it done. Although it’s a struggle, normally once I get going I enjoy myself but today I didn’t enjoy any of my run. In fact, that is a lie! I really enjoyed seeing the end in sight and knowing that despite feeling rubbish, I challenged myself and completed 3.5k. In order to achieve your goals and dreams, you sometimes have to battle through to get there, doing things you’re not particularly keen on along the way.
One of the reasons I signed up to do Janathon again was to kick start my training and really test myself. In order to complete the Berlin half marathon in under two hours, I am going to have to do things I don’t really like such as battle with hills. I figured that if I could start by running every day, even on the days I really didn’t want to, it would help to boost my confidence and my belief in myself. Some may think running every day is a stupid idea that will result in injiry, but I’m going to listen carefully to my body along the way to avoid injury.
Although today was a struggle, I am looking forward to a new day and a new run tomorrow when we’ll be into Janathon double figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment