Thursday 12 January 2012

Janathon day 12: Don’t do snooze

Yesterday I was boasting about how I wasn’t tired and how energised I felt. That all went out of the window today, when I started pressing the snooze button. I should have just got up and jumped out of bed the minute I opened my eyes. But no, I had to press that button to give me a few more precious minutes of shut eye.
My philosophy in life is unless you’re going to do something properly don’t bother doing it at all. I really should listen to my own advice sometimes. The snooze nearly got the better of me today. I did manage to drag myself out of my pit and I completed my 5k. It was 90 seconds slower than it has been the last couple of times and I know the snoozing had made me sluggish but it was still a run. On the twelfth day of Janathon, I was still running!  
The snooze button is evil. The whole time I was running, I was thinking about it. I knew I had to get up so I should have just done it. Putting off the inevitable doesn’t make it any better! Ironically, whilst I was out running, my boyfriend had been struck by the curse of snooze today too. He was meant to get up early but instead, he clambered out of bed, got ready in a flash, ran to the station and jumped on the train huffing and puffing  as it was about to pull away.
If you are going to do something, you should do it properly and this should apply to getting out of bed. From now on I am going to try and do it with purpose. Generally I’m pretty good. I’m enthusiastic and lively in the morning but some days that button gets the better of me and it zaps my energy.
I went to dinner with my friend tonight and had a few glasses of *cough* grape juice so I’m hoping the snooze button curse doesn’t come to haunt me tomorrow morning. I am going to try and run in the morning but if snooze well and truly takes a grip, it will have to be Janathon Friday in the gym tomorrow night.

1 comment:

  1. This is a brilliant idea. I'm new to your blog and I love the idea of the Janathon! I'm getting back into running after a long break over Christmas. (I'm using Christmas as an excuse, it was a two month break!)

    I might try 5k a day next week. Maybe 3k a day. Almost killed myself with a 5k earlier this week. It took me 45 minutes.

    ReplyDelete