According to the birthday card that my boyfriend bought me this year, “I’m a multi-tasker. I go to parties, I smile, I talk, I enjoy great food and I have little drinkies”. I think it’s a pretty accurate description of Miss Karleen Smith. However, there are a few other points about me and my life that it misses out.
Firstly, I am generally over ambitious in most things that I do. I set standards high and tend to make life hard for myself but my philosophy is ‘what the hell is the point of doing something if you’re not going to do it properly!?'
I turned 29 on Christmas day and according to my plans I made as a teenager, at this stage in my life I should be rich, married, living in a mansion with my handsome husband and four beautiful children and of course I should have a selection of expensive cars, a wardrobe like the one on Clueless and a stable that houses my horses.
As you’ve probably already guessed, this is not the case. Don’t misjudge me though, I may not have all that I planned at 14 but I have a whole lot more in different ways and I am a very content girl that is very happy with my lot!
I have been toying with the idea of blogging for a while now but the thought of finding time to write a blog that is worth reading worries me. However, after following a lot of blogs this year I kind of figured that blogging is about making time so here I am on the last day of 2010 writing my first blog post. I am rubbish when it comes to technology but I love to learn so what better way of learning than just doing it and I would love your feedback along the way.
I am going to be welcoming in 2010 with just a glass of bubbly or two and no hangover as I am off to do the Richmond Park Parkrun at 10:00 am on 1st January. I want to start this year as I mean to go on.
To get my blog started here are a few of my likes and dislikes:
Things that I like
· Writing lists
· Make up and beauty products
· Organisation and order
· Laughing so much it makes your belly hurt
· Food (Talking about it, eating it, buying it, cooking it, watching tv shows on it. You get the idea!)
· A challenge
· Setting goals and achieving them
· Being a secret geek
· My family and friends
· The little moments you get when you smile at a stranger or when you offer an old lady a seat and she is surprised and grateful
Things that I don’t like
· Misuse of the words your and you’re, there and their and to, two and too.
· People that invade your personal space and talk to you like they are telling you a secret. You know the type, they lean in so close you can feel their breath and talk to you in a quiet voice.
· Having to drive to the top of multi-storey car parks so that you are travelling in a spiral in only one direction
· Scary movies
· Overhearing a mother telling her child to ‘ask the lady’ and then you realise they are talking about you. It’s the realisation that you’ve grown up that comes as a shock!
There’s plenty more I could say here about the things I like and the things I'm not so keen on but I'm going to save them for future posts.
New beginnings usually start on New Year’s Day but there’s no time like the present, so New Year’s Eve it is for me. Have a fantastic evening all and I will catch you in the next decade!